The governance model of Echoenergia is based on pillars such as ethics, transparency, and management excellence.
In line with its Values, Echoenergia adopts a high standard of corporate governance, and its structure comprises a Board of professionals renowned in the sector, as well as the Management Team.
The Board also has support committees to give advice on specific matters. The diagram below illustrates such structure:
Strategic support from renowned executives and extensive market experience
The Board of Echoenergia is comprised of 6 members, being 3 of them independent. Among its attributions, establish the general guidance of the Company’s business, approve the annual budget and business plan, as well as offers to be made by the Company in auctions for energy trading and new investment projects. Meetings of the Board Members take place according to the predefined annual schedule.
Sergio BrandãoMore info
Sergio joined Actis Brazil in 2013, where he is responsible for origination and investment management of Actis’ energy investments in Brazil. Sergio has significant technical, managerial and investing experience gained working and living for nearly two decades around the world. Prior to Actis he was a partner at Rio Bravo Investimentos. Sergio has BSc and MSc degrees in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from IMD in Switzerland.
Michael TillMore info
Michael is Co-Head of Actis’ energy business. He has over 20 years of private equity investment experience, primarily focused on Latin America. Michael joined Actis’ predecessor organisation, CDC, in 1995. From 2001 to 2006, Michael was responsible for Actis’ private equity operations in
Latin America. Prior to joining CDC, Michael was with Arthur Andersen. Michael holds a degree in economics from the University of Durham and is a chartered accountant.
Barry LynchMore info
Barry joined Actis in 2016 as Head of Energy Operations. Prior to Actis he spent 8 years with Mainstream Renewable Power as Managing Director of Procurement, Construction and Operations. He was also a board member at Mainstream and sat on the boards of two Actis Energy companies (Lekela and Aela). Prior to Mainstream Barry worked at ESB International. Barry holds a Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Dublin Institute of Technology.
Hermes ChippMore info
Electrical Engineer from UFRJ. Postgraduate degree in "Power Systems Engineering Course" - GE/Union College (USA). He was an active person in the Restructuring Project of the Brazilian Electricity Sector and had relevant positions at Eletrobras and ONS. President of CIER in 2012/2013 after being VP in 2008/2010. President and VP in 2013/2015 of the International Organization GO15 (former VLPGO ‘Very Large Power Grid Operators’).
Luiz Cruz SchneiderMore info
Luiz Cruz Schneider
Electrical Engineer from UFRGS - Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul. Large track record in the energy sector in Brazil (transmission and generation). He was a Board Member at Desenvix Energias Renováveis and Statkraft Energias Renováveis.
Board ChairmanMore info
Fabiano Ramos has more than 20 years of experience in investment banking, including M&A, Project Finance, alternative asset management and non-performing loans. Founder and former Director of Ipanema (manager of non-performing receivables) and VOGA (sold to Banco Indusval in 2013). Former Director of Merrill Lynch and ING. Fabiano has an MBA and a BSc in Finance from the University of Southern Illinois (USA).
The Committees were appointed to advise the Board Members on specific matters related to the Company’s business. Each committee is composed of 3 members, appointed by the Board Members.
The competencies and members of each of the committees are listed as follows:
|Audit and Tax Committee||Oversight company results
and accounting procedures
|• Sergio Brandão
• Fabiano Ramos
• Michael Till
|Compensation Committee||Review and define topics related to
compensation of executives.
|• Sergio Brandão
• Fabiano Ramos
• Michael Till
|EHS Committee||Monitor and deliberate on health,
safety and socio-environmental issues
|• Hermes Chipp
• Luiz Cruz Schneider
• Barry Lynch
Experienced team with complementary skills places Echoenergia as a leader in the Brazilian wind sector
Being selected by the CEO and and approved by the Board Members the Management Team is the executive and representative body of the Company, currently composed of: (i) CEO, (ii) Director of New Business, (iii) Chief Financial Officer, and (iv) Chief Operating Officer, whose competencies are set forth by the Bylaws. The Management Team also establishes internal committees to deal with specific issues in a structured manner.
The current members of the Management Team, as well as the Company Controller, are listed below:
• 16+ years of experience in the energy sector (GE, Siemens and Gamesa), both in Brazil and internationally
• From 2010 until March 2017: CEO responsible for the startup, scale up and management of Gamesa South Cone region, growing the organization to over 600 employees reaching billions of dollars in yearly revenues
• +3,000 MW in orders / +2,000 MW in operation (market share of 20%) – achieved in 5 years
• Established Gamesa in 3 new markets: Brazil (+3,000 MWs), Uruguay (+136 MWs) and Chile (+206 MWs)
• From 2013 to 2015 alone, revenues grew two-fold reaching billions of dollars and profitability grew over four-fold
• Previously Director of Siemens Wind Power Division, Americas Region
• MBA at IESE, Harvard KEP/OPM, University of Florida Industrial and Systems Engineer
• ABEEOLICA Board member since 2012
• 15+ years of experience in operations management
• Operations Director at Cubico responsible for 615MW of assets in operation and construction of 170MW
• Purchase Manager responsible for Gamesa supply chain development
• Sales and Operation Manager at Gamesa responsible for +2GW of order intake
• FGV MBA
• Certified Project Management Officer (PMI)
• Automation Engineer
Director of New BusinessMore info
Director of New Business
• 10+ years of experience in Private Equity
• Partner at Vela Investimentos (Servtec Group) - M&A of Renewables/Infra
• Partner at Rio Bravo Investimentos - Private Equity/Energy
• Head of Legal/Compliance at Rio Bravo Investimentos
• MBA Renewables (USP) / PHD and Master in Law (PUC/SP) / MBA Finance (CEAG/FGV) / BS in Law (Mackenzie)
• 13+ years of experience in large financial institutions and consultancies
• Advised USD 20+ bln of investments
• Structured USD 12+ bln of LT Debt
• Economics degree at FEA-USP and master in economics and finance from Insper-SP
• Former Head of Project Finance for the Energy Sector in Itaú BBA
• Managing Director in Corporate Finance and Debt Advisory in Deloitte
• Former Financial Director of Resicontrol (Waste mgmt. industry, Angra Partners investee)
• 6+ years as CFO/Finance VP in companies of different segments
• 12 years at Citibank with derivatives, loans and investments
• Responsible for starting up and structuring 4 companies in the last 8 years (ERP, Financial and Administrative Processes)
• MBA at New York University
• Administration degree at FAAP